Kenya Coast National Polytechnic (KCNP) formerly Mombasa Technical Training Institute (Mombasa TTI) is located in the Coastal town of Mombasa. It was established in 1950 as a Technical High School. Upon the introduction of the 8-4-4 system of education, it was elevated to a middle level technical college in 1984 to provide technical training for the middle level man power for both the private and public sectors of the economy. The trainees in the Polytechnic are drawn from fresh secondary school leavers, graduates from other tertiary institutions, employees on part-time release basis and the informal (Jua Kali) sector.
To be a leading center of excellence in training.
To produce highly competent graduates for the modern world of work.
To train highly skilled workforce that is suitable for further professional development through quality inclusive and equitable TVET programs responsive to national and global competitiveness
- To implement training in TVET programs.
- To carry out research programs.
- To develop and transfer science, technology and innovation into products and services.
- To benchmark with other institutions and liaise with industry
- To adopt programs that address the needs of the local community
KCNP’s Core Values include the following among others:-
- Honesty, integrity and transparency
- Quality leadership, excellence, innovation and creativity.
- Consultative decision-making
- World-class programmes and standards
- Respect for human and gender rights
- Professionalism, team spirit and discipline
The Kenya Coast National Polytechnic is dedicated to providing technical knowledge to all students. It offers diplomas, certificates, artisan, and craft programmes that help to upgrade the existing skills of learners. You can enroll today to join an educational center that mentors students and teaches them how to become competitive in the working environment.
Majengo Kisauni Rd, Mombasa Mvita, Kenya,
P.O. BOX 81220 – 80100, Mombasa, Kenya
Bank Account Details:
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB)
Account Name: Kenya
Coast National Polytechnic